Popcorn Songs

...and other stuff, but it's the popcorn mix I can't get enough of.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

 

Sandy Says


Sandy says, "There's lines in the middle.
You go too fast. There's the brakes. Won't you hit them?"
I asked, "Would I get caught if I sped?"
She said, "I can't tell you the future if I'm dead!"

Sandy says there's stars in the sunshine
They write words and tell things to her
I'd swear if I weren't mad
I'd tell everyone they'd been had

She displays her disinterest
As I try to uncover this
Complex incongruity
Of why she still stays here with me

Sandy says, "There's little icebergs in the ocean.
They're my friends and I love their crazy motions.
But how I hate to hear them cry.
Oh me, oh me, oh my.

If they could raise their consciousness,
That would be their best defense."
But I just watch them melt away
Searching for something to say

Sandy says, "Cassandra had it comin'.
They only listen when you don't know nothin'."
The sun is settling down
As we run from another town

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   December 2006   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]