Popcorn Songs

...and other stuff, but it's the popcorn mix I can't get enough of.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

 

Backup Plan

Well, the honeymoon is over with Mad Anthony's. The hotel bar was tired last night and I wasn't drunk enough to invoke the power of 5-martini Matt to make anything and everything fun. So, I left. On the way home I decided to check out the bar formerly known as the Brook. Destiny, Karma, Fate, whatever you want to call it. Smoking bar, but not too smoky. And, yes, karaoke. Great crowd. That neighborhood bar crowd where everyone knows everybody. Half the people sang country songs. I sang that Sinatra song, 'Let's Fall in Love'. The guy who sang 'New York, New York' before me exclaimed, "You sure that's a Sinatra song? I know Sinatra." I assured him it was, and he could just blame me for not sounding enough like Old Blue Eyes. And I sang my standby, 'Domino'. That was a hit.

So, there's a Saturday night backup plan.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   December 2006   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]