Popcorn Songs

...and other stuff, but it's the popcorn mix I can't get enough of.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

 

In Good Company

Do nothing Wednesday felt so good, I called out sick and did it all day Thursday. Any cold that thought it was getting the better of me has learned it's lesson now!

I ended up watching a whole lot of TV, including movies. First up, In Good Company, was a much better movie than I expected--superbly acted, understated, honest, touching, all with a very un-Hollywood ending. Seriously good stuff. Caught up on all the Futurama my DVR had recorded. R. Lee Ermey hosted a Christmas at war special that covered how troops handled the holidays during major American conflicts. Now, I love R. Lee Ermey--not as much as Ensign or the other Chris--but I kinda feel weird when he tries to be all Full Metal Jacket hardcore on his History channel shows. I mean, I know people know him for that, but it just comes across like desperation as he's yelling at a plastic snowman to get it's shit together. Is that what anime fan service is like to non-otaku? I don't consider myself otaku, but the fan-service bits don't bother me.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   December 2006   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]