Popcorn Songs

...and other stuff, but it's the popcorn mix I can't get enough of.

Friday, January 20, 2006

 

Jeez... take a week off and people get testy


As if my life is so interesting that somewhere there are people on the edge of their seat waiting for the next installment.

I've been taking a well-earned break. That's right, I needed a vacation from my social life. This past Tues & Wed were the first two days in a row since Christmas that I had nothing to do. I was going 6 of 7 or more going out, meeting people, partying, or whatever. I needed *me* time.

So I broke my 3 months of *no* computer games and bought Civ IV. (The lovely picture above.) I like it. This is the real 'quit' test. Like quitting smoking and keeping a pack of cigarettes around. Willpower. Must... not... play... more... than... two hours... ARGHHHH! Whew.

I am officially a member of the local volunteer fire company. Apparently I signed up for the firefighting group, which is cool. I think it will be awhile before I'm certified to do any real work. That's two of four down.

Finally saw Donnie Darko. I could take it or leave it. Certainly more interesting than The Day After Tomorrow. But no Rushmore or Pumpkin.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   December 2006   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]