Popcorn Songs

...and other stuff, but it's the popcorn mix I can't get enough of.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

Stress sleeplessness

I've had several bouts of stress-related sleep problems lately. Job. Last night's was acid-reflux that I must have choked on and/or inhaled. I was up for 2 hours while the burn went away. Antacids fixed the stomach, but the windpipe was very unhappy.

It made me think of the first song I recorded on my Fostex 4-track some 15 years ago.


Don't make me sing another song
'Cause my voice is sore and raw
Turn the lights out, go to bed
I'll be here in the morning

But you just cry and rub your head
Say you're looking for it instead
I'm lucky that you're mine you say
I just turn my head and sigh

Go to sleep, go to sleep, my one
Go to sleep, go to sleep, my one

Once you forget the things that you said so I guess you won't so I'll be here

Just another lullaby...


All day I've been coughing up bilious lung-butter. Yuk.

Last night I played X-Box until the pain subsided. Yes, I got a console. Overall the no game thing is only a moderate success. I can deal with that.

I feel the urge to blog more coming back. Stay tuned.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   December 2006   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]